Current:Home > reviewsBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -消息
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Indexbit View
Date:2025-04-07 06:14:49
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (3977)
Related
- 'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
- Retired Massachusetts pediatrician pleads not guilty to abusing young patients
- Late-night comics have long been relentless in skewering Donald Trump. Now it’s Joe Biden’s turn
- Biden, Jeffries meet as some House Democrats call on him to leave 2024 campaign
- Trump's 'stop
- Carlos Alcaraz, Novak Djokovic return to Wimbledon final
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2024 are this weekend: Date, time, categories, where to watch
- Alec Baldwin’s Rust Involuntary Manslaughter Trial Takes a Sudden Twist
- Sarah J. Maas books explained: How to read 'ACOTAR,' 'Throne of Glass' in order.
- First victim of Tulsa Race Massacre identified through DNA as WWI veteran
Ranking
- $73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
- RHOA Alum NeNe Leakes Addresses Kenya Moore's Controversial Exit
- Glen Powell Details Friendship With Mentor Tom Cruise
- Judge throws out Rudy Giuliani’s bankruptcy case, says he flouted process with lack of transparency
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Historically Black Cancer Alley town splits over a planned grain terminal in Louisiana
- Eminem Takes Aim at Sean “Diddy” Combs, References Cassie Incident in New Song
- Emergency workers uncover dozens of bodies in a Gaza City district after Israeli assault
Recommendation
The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
Moms swoon over new 'toddler Stanleys.' But the cups have been around for years.
‘Hot girl summer,’ move aside. Women are going ‘boysober’ and have never felt better.
2024 MLB mock draft: Latest projections for every Round 1 pick
Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
RHOA Alum NeNe Leakes Addresses Kenya Moore's Controversial Exit
Georgia sheriff laments scrapped jail plans in county under federal civil rights investigation
Archaeologists unearth 4,000-year-old temple and theater in Peru